Maxima clam moved off cradle to sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Isleofzoa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
60
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a maxima clam. I first had it on the sand and then placed it on a clam hammock in the same spot. In 2-3 days the clam completely moved off of it and is on the sand about an 1-1 1/2 away from the hammock. Is this normal?
 
I recently bought a maxima clam. I first had it on the sand and then placed it on a clam hammock in the same spot. In 2-3 days the clam completely moved off of it and is on the sand about an 1-1 1/2 away from the hammock. Is this normal?

Totally normal. Clams will reposition until they are comfortable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new