Maxima clam spitting out brown goo

Cam_official

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new maxima clam today and a few hours after being in the tank, it started intermittently spitting out some stringy brown goo out of the exhalent siphon. Is this something I should be concerned about? The seller said it was under 175par at the store, so I adjusted my lights so it's getting the same. I have it under a viparspectra 165 blackbox led fixture.
pics:
overview
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DXjgDNVEcnaEMGBk7
the brown stuff on its mantle:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LFzLLPMEx57EVPpL9
 
Last edited:
Simply put, its pooping. Normal and nothing to worry about, technically its actually expelling excess zooanxthelle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new