Maxima looking a little rough.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giancarlo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Giancarlo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
208
Reaction score
3
Location
caledon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

My friend has a maxima, that is not looking too good. He wants to give it to me, but i am worried that what it might have could possibly spread to my other clams so i am a little hesitant. His lighting is some DIY led lighting, but i am not sure on the type of leds he has used for it (unit is +2 years old). And he insists his parameters are "all good". I know the lack of information makes it hard to determine anything but hopefully the picture might give a little help.
photo.jpg


So if anyone has an idea of what might be happening here i would appreciate the help.
 
Last edited:
Hard to tell from my phone but it looks a little pinched in but not with a gaping mouth. Has it been checked for pyramid snails? Any fish that would pick at it like dwarf angels or tangs?
 
Just two clowns, I think he had a dwarf angel, but I'm pretty sure it died a few months ago. I'll tell him to look for pyramid snails.
 
How long has he had the clam? How many clams do you have?
 
He has had the clam around 4/5 months now. I only have one clam, but regardless it still worries me. I am thinking the added stress from moving tanks might not be a smart idea while it is looking like this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new