Maxima under Radion

FunkEngine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2017
Messages
85
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Maxima clam and want to make sure my current lighting is sufficient or if I will have to find an additional spot light. I have what is approximately a 24 inch cube with a single Radion xr30w Pro (75% AB+). I'm currently considering mounting it just a couple inches under the water for maximum light, but approximately how low would I be able to place it?
 
I bought a Maxima clam and want to make sure my current lighting is sufficient or if I will have to find an additional spot light. I have what is approximately a 24 inch cube with a single Radion xr30w Pro (75% AB+). I'm currently considering mounting it just a couple inches under the water for maximum light, but approximately how low would I be able to place it?
Clams tend to like high light, 250+ par. Do you have access to a par meter to see if you can meet that requirement?
 
Clams tend to like high light, 250+ par. Do you have access to a par meter to see if you can meet that requirement?
I did actually just do some measurements but I didn't have my top rock in at the time. Right in the middle about halfway down is about 200 at 75% and about 250 at 100% on the light. Presumably another six to eight in above should be in the 350 to 400 range
 
Mine is 6 in below the top ( I have a Radion XR30w 1st Gen)
2018-07-08 18.15.05.jpg
2018-07-08 18.15.05.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new