Maxspecr gyre xf350 night mode

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I just received my new gyre, very happy with the flow. But i was wondering how to set up a night mode?

Thanks

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Thanks for your support, this is customer service from Maxspect. There are auto mode for you to set up water flow on time points.
You could set the water flow mode you like on the evening time.

If you do not like to set up the water flow on each time point.
There are the preset modes(OGC Oceanic Gyre Cycle and LTC Lunar Tidal Cycle) , they are the presets mimicking the natural.
Oceanic Gyre Cycle and LTC Lunar Tidal Cycle are what we recommend to use to mimick natural environment.
The minimum and maximum settings for these presets are just for reference, not the real minimum and maximum flow,
These parameters will be put into a formula to work out the randomly nature-mimicking minimum and maximum flow.

And we also provide the new function "Wax and wane" for you to turn on.
As shown in picture below. The "Wax and Wane" Function is on, and "D1" means Day 1 of Lunar Cycle, "D2" means Day 2 etc...

Once you turn on the wax and wane function, the mode will extend 2 minutes per hour,
leading to extending 48 minutes per day, mimicking the moon rising 48 mins later everyday than previous day.
Eventually, 30 days will be a circle.

Gyre Lunar.jpg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is day 1 new moon ?
Thanks for your support, as you know:

Day 1/2/3/4...30 means the the LTC/OGC is extending 2 minutes in each hour's running model, meaning their 24 hours cycle will become 24 hour + 48 minutes cycle.
For example, if you have constant speed mode from 19:00 o'clock in Day 1.
In Day 2, you will have the same constant speed mode from 19:48(Day 1 is running 24 hours + 48 mins cycle);
In Day 3, you will have the same constant speed mode from 20:36(Day 2 is running 24 hours + 48 mins cycle);
In Day 4, you will have the same constant speed mode from 21:24(Day 3 is running 24 hours + 48 mins cycle);
In Day 5, you will have the same constant speed mode from 22:12(Day 4 is running 24 hours + 48 mins cycle);
In Day 30, you will have the same constant speed mode from 18:12(Day 29 is running 24 hours + 48 mins cycle);
And then it will become Day 1 again, the same constant speed mode starts from 19:00.

It is mimicking the moon's cycle, the moon is circling the earth in around 30 days cycle.
For example, if the moon rises to the middle of the night at, for example, 24:00 o'clock in your time in Day 1;
then the next day, Day 2, the moon has moved a little bit, and the moon rises to the middle of the night at, for example, 00:48 AM in your time in Day 2;

As a simple drawing as below:
Wax and wane explain.jpg

And the Day 1/2/3...30 counts will rely on power, and if the gyre pump power is cut, it will restart counting from Day 1 again.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the question/reply
I have been wondering what the best way to set this up was. Little more difficult than I anticipated but love the complexity behind it. Thinking I will grab one more 350 to run the opposite side.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back