Maxspect cloud edition w/ Hydros wave engine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say I love the wave engine and no way I want to change it. The main question is, will the new cloud gyres work with the Hydros wave engine? I have no interest in the new cloud controller as its a waste for me.

OSUTeege

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting frustrated that CV isn’t labeling there product pages of their new products with the hydros ready markers. I would like to get one of these as well but can’t determine if it’s we direct drive compatible. Also, Im assuming the clouds are replacing the old version because they are closeout pricing on CV’s website. But then again, maybe this makes sense, didn’t maxspect get sold or now has affiliation with brs…maybe this new gen gyre isn’t hydros ready.

they released a Klir v2 couple weeks ago and tried for days asking if it was hydros ready, along with details of what mods were made from v1. Kind of got an answer from some folks on the hydros community forum but never anything definite. Went ahead and ordered it because I’m impatient (it is uses the same motor adapter as the v1 btw), but man what gives over there. Marketing needs to keep up…

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say I love the wave engine and no way I want to change it. The main question is, will the new cloud gyres work with the Hydros wave engine? I have no interest in the new cloud controller as its a waste for me.
Just heard back from the folks at Maxspect and they confirmed that it will work with WaveEngine :)

OSUTeege

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty then. Glad the pump only sku is available already! I will be ordering.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question then is which has better control for flow patterns vs quality of life... Quality of life is nice but the Maxspect controller allows better fine tuning of flow. Unless they have updated the WE for this motor block.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back