Maxspect Gyre 350 noise?

WunderWagen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Gilroy
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Maxspect Gyre XF350's in each corner vertically mounted in my Red Sea XL525. They have been running for a few months now, and I have a strange noise issue with them. I have cleaned them and still have the same issue. They sound very quiet up to 60% (which is my current setting), but they get noticeably louder (buzzing sound) when set to 70% or higher. I would have expected a progressively louder buzz as you increase output... but this is a pretty dramatic change from just 60% to 70%. Has anyone else experienced this with the Gyres?
 
That is normal with most powerheads/wavemakers. The faster they rotate, the more 'noise' you will hear.
 
True, and I have heard the noise many times related to rotation... but what seems to be happening is a very big change just from 60% to 70%... quiet at 60%, then you can hear it in the next room at 70%. I cleaned the units, and it did not change the noise. Very strange... I had XF330 Gyres before and do not remember them acting this way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new