Maxspect gyre parts?? Or replace wet side

steallife904

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
471
Reaction score
216
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have run 2 Maxspect gyre xf150s for probably 7-8 years. Gen1s for sure, bought new.
1 still running today!
My other started sending red error code a few months ago. I cleaned, took apart. It will run for a few min then stop and error. I turned it off and left alone.

I am trying to fix again. Seems parts no longer made. Wanted to get new motor block, controller still works. If not that an entire wet side. Do any of the new gyre wet sides work with old controller or one of the ice caps models??? Anything I can do or is it trash?
 
The wet side cable end is different on the newer ones but i was able to modify it and get it to plug into my old controller
 
Hello, I have run 2 Maxspect gyre xf150s for probably 7-8 years. Gen1s for sure, bought new.
1 still running today!
My other started sending red error code a few months ago. I cleaned, took apart. It will run for a few min then stop and error. I turned it off and left alone.

I am trying to fix again. Seems parts no longer made. Wanted to get new motor block, controller still works. If not that an entire wet side. Do any of the new gyre wet sides work with old controller or one of the ice caps models??? Anything I can do or is it trash?
I have two xf250’s that I pulled from my tank that work. Reason I pulled them was one magnet started to swell. Not sure if the motors are the same, I’m guessing the connections are. I don’t have the controller anymore. I was using a wave machine. But if they would work for you, you can just have them. I live in Saint Augustine.

I need to go to BioReef sometime this week, let me know.
 
I have two xf250’s that I pulled from my tank that work. Reason I pulled them was one magnet started to swell. Not sure if the motors are the same, I’m guessing the connections are. I don’t have the controller anymore. I was using a wave machine. But if they would work for you, you can just have them. I live in Saint Augustine.

I need to go to BioReef sometime this week, let me know.
That would be awesome! I’m pretty sure they are the same. I’m in st Augustine 2. On cr210. Could meet u or meet at bio. Let me know what works for you!
 
That would be awesome! I’m pretty sure they are the same. I’m in st Augustine 2. On cr210. Could meet u or meet at bio. Let me know what works for you!
I’m on 210 @ Shearwater. We can meet up anytime you are available. You tell me when and where.

Russ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new