Maxspect Gyre X130/150

  • Thread starter Thread starter philfree
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

philfree

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2015
Messages
445
Reaction score
240
Location
Humboldt NorCal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would any of these be okay on a 29g, or would it be too much flow? a 130? 150? I think a 29 has a 30" length.
 
Overkill in a tank that small in my opinion. I have a 150 on a 100g tank and have to keep it dialed down to 60%. I don't know how powerful the 130's are, but in a tank with such small dimensions you'd be better off going with a cheaper, less powerful pump. Consider a MP10 perhaps? Although those aren't much cheaper. You could probably find a used one.
 
Way over kill......

Jaebo Wp25 is really good small, has controller and a lot less money than the Mp10....

But the whole unit mounts inside tank as opposed to only half of the Mp10.

But you'd save money for other toys for your tank. ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new