Maxspect Gyre XF-130 Owners thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter skripo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've had mine running since April 15'. I really love the flow but like others would love it if at night it shut down by 50% then back up durning the day like the MPs. I've been having one problem with mine, ever since I cleaned it for the first time the pump has become loud. When I go to see what the issue is I turn it off and air bubbles escape, turn it back on and no noise for a little but then it returns a few hours later. Anyone else have this happen? I use pulse mode. It switch it up to constant too.
 
ever since I cleaned it for the first time the pump has become loud

I've found it can be a bit fussy about getting everything exactly lined up right when I put it back together. Usually I can pop the rotors off and put them back on, and make sure they are fully seated, and it runs quiet again.
 
I put new bearings and the new blades and it is much quieter.
 
After cleaning up the BB the other day (by stirring up the tank with high flow) my pump got much louder, some foreign material got into it I guess. Turning off the pump and blasting it with a turkey baster dislodged whatever it was without having to disassemble/reassemble, or even take it out of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new