• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Maxspect Gyre XF250 package

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling a Gyre Package:
(1) Gyre XF250 pump with controller
(1) Gyre XF250 pump with no controller.

All extras will be included as well as documentation.

These are currently in my tank but will be removed and cleaned later today.

These were purchased in December and have been in my tank since mid Janurary.

Text me at 6024225263 or you can PM me.

Asking 425 shipped obo.

Thanks
Dave

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if one has controller and one doesn't, how is the one without controller run/controlled? Via separate controller, e.g., Apex (with IceCap adapter module)? It sounds as if the controller you have is just the kind that can control single pump, is that correct? I'm looking to install pair of the 250's in my 7-footer being set up, but would probably control both with Apex, so no need for the included controller. Would you consider selling just the pumps without controller if you can get someone to buy the controller by itself, e.g., someone else responding here indicating desire for just controller?

Thanks

Baker Co.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if one has controller and one doesn't, how is the one without controller run/controlled? Via separate controller, e.g., Apex (with IceCap adapter module)? It sounds as if the controller you have is just the kind that can control single pump, is that correct? I'm looking to install pair of the 250's in my 7-footer being set up, but would probably control both with Apex, so no need for the included controller. Would you consider selling just the pumps without controller if you can get someone to buy the controller by itself, e.g., someone else responding here indicating desire for just controller?

Thanks
The 200 series controller can control 2 pumps at the same time. If I understand the icecap Apex module correctly, they can only run one pump meaning you would be required to purchase one module for each pump.

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 200 series controller can control 2 pumps at the same time. If I understand the icecap Apex module correctly, they can only run one pump meaning you would be required to purchase one module for each pump.

I think you're correct on this. So yes, I would need to buy a separate module for pump that is "divorced" from its controller, if it were to be sold to me that way, but at least the control would be uniformly under the auspices of the Apex. I'm guessing that the controller that is referenced in the original post is just original type controller, i.e., kind that just controls single pump. Otherwise, i would think the OP would have indicated that it's setup with single controller capable of controlling both pumps.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The 200 series gyres all come with the "Advanced Controller" - this controller added the benefit to control both pumps with a single controller.

You need nothing additional to control both pumps together using this setup, it is plug and play.

I am not sure about controlling with an APEX, I looked into it before I bought these and found alot of mixed reviews and alot of added expense, so I chose not to go that route.

At this time I do not wish to separate them as I have alot of interest in the entire package. If that changes I will update this post.

Thank you
Dave

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dave,

So to simplify, then, it sounds like this is the dual-pump w/controller kit.

Desire not to separate is understood. Re Apex control, you might ultimately be right....... but I'm going to give it a try! :)

GLWS!

Ken

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the way your purchase them is either pump with controller and power supply, or a pump only - it doesn't Included a power supply or a controller - the 200 series pumps are sold this way and the 200 series controllers use a single power source and a single controller for both pumps.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, the way your purchase them is either pump with controller and power supply, or a pump only - it doesn't Included a power supply or a controller - the 200 series pumps are sold this way and the 200 series controllers use a single power source and a single controller for both pumps.

Right it is sold controller and one pump because some people only want or need one pump.. They also sell a pump separate for those who want to add a second pump to the controller which can run 2 pumps.

Dizzzy1209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sold separate I would take just the xf 250 pump. Already have the controller. Just looking to add a pump on. Let me know what your asking shipped for just the pump

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, cool! @dburt520 looks like you've got one person who wants just the pump, and one person who wants one pump with controller! I'd say you've got this thing sold! ;) If that sounds amenable to you, let me know how much you'd want for the pump/controller. Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will split them up as long as someone commits to each one of them.

Pump / controller - 280
Pump only - 130

Buyer responsible to pay shipping charges.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal is [email protected] - shipping will be 12.85 for a USPS flat rate box.

Both are now spoken for. Will update as soon as they are both officially sold.

Thank you
Dave

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dave I am sorry I thought I was second or third in line for it. Anyways I ended up picking one up on a different website. Thank you though.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NP.

Pump only is still for sale. Am going to post office today, so I can get it shipped out for you quickly.

Thanks
Dave

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back