Maxspect Gyre XF330 Cloud Addition

  • Thread starter Thread starter wpollard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wpollard

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having success with the Maxspect Cloud software? Everyday I am forced to reconnect to the cloud. It keeping stating that gyres are unbound. This is driving me crazy. I am considering buying the Hydros wave engine.
 
Not sure if you’re interested in more hardware but I have two of them running off the hydros wave engine, which replaces the Maxspect software with Hydros. It’s been easy to use and very reliable.

The only issue I’ve encountered is minor. It does go offline once in a while (every few months) and I don’t know why, but it fixes itself within minutes. The pumps continue working normally while it’s offline. I just wouldn’t be able to connect to it remotely for those few minutes.

Full disclosure: I didn’t try the Maxspect software before using Hydros. I researched both and saw enough reports of problems with the Maxspect approach to choose the hydros path from the start but it seems like a clear upgrade.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new