MaxSpect Gyre

Really depends on your rockwork - I find that the gyre creates a heck of a current at the top and bottom of the tank, but the center can be lower flow depending on the crags, nooks, crannies and caves. That said, any flow opposing or interfering with the gyre will cause an issue with the gyre, slowing down the water movement. Id say that if you have good flow, but a spot that you want higher flow through, or a ledge or outcropping that kills the gyre movement, an additional pump maybe justified. Easiest way to figure it out is to run it for a while with the gyre, look if you need more flow and adjust accordingly.
 
I picked up my Gyre yesterday, took out my MP 40's and set up the Gyre. I don't have it on 100%, I think it's about 80%. If I put it all the way up it blows everything around and the fish seemed a little stressed. What % to you guys keep it on and how big is your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new