Maxspect ICV6 for gyre issues.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I bought a Maxspect Gyre and a ICV6. First issue at hand was I could not connect to my WiFi. My router uses both 2.5 and 5g on the same channel. The Synergy app can not find the 2.5 channel, which I have found common in older protocols. That is not the real issue but I thought I would mention it in case it is a part of my real issue. I have connected thru the Maxspect Wifi directly with my Ipad and when I go to adjust the settings it will only allow me to do easy set up and not advanced. I watched the the CV video and they put there Gyre in a group, so I thought that was the problem. I tried to create a group, which it takes me to that screen and I can create a group in that screen, but when I hit confirm it disappears.
My ultimate goal would be to have very minimal flow at night and ramp up with the lights during the day. I feel I can do that in the advanced setting but I just can't get there. (as in the button is grayed out) What am I missing?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can ask your ISP to create a separate name for the 2,4gz.L, so your gadgets can see it and connect. For example my internet is named My_Internet, the 2,4 frequency is My_Internet1. It’s easier to connect devices when they are separated IMO.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back