Maybe Sponges?

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
65
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved across town and kept an inch of water and wet towels on my rocks for about an hour before I refilled the tank at the new house.

It took me a month to get the sump going again.So the water hasn't been circulating.

I did that last night and noticed these clearish looking critters.

They almost look like tentacles but not centralized to any sort of body.

I have an added livestock in over a year.

Maybe sponges?



20260816_224746.jpg
 
I concur with tunicates. Excellent bioindicator of a mature ecosystem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new