Mccoskers Flasher Wrasse Missing

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a my mccoskers and quarantined it with cupramine and prazipro for two months and he was doing so well. I put him in my display tank three days ago and I haven’t seen him since. I have a 40 innovative marine with the mesh lid so it’s a secure top, I looked under the rocks and nothing. Any thoughts?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot recall having a more motivated jumper than a Mccoskers. You sure it didn’t find a crack?

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot recall having a more motivated jumper than a Mccoskers. You sure it didn’t find a crack?
I looked all over the floor and didn’t see it, I don’t know how it could have jumped out. In my quarantine i did 25% water changes everyday and left the top opened and it never tried to jump. He was always friendly but my main tank has a pretty secure lid

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting .... maybe mine just hated me.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashers do not sleep in the sand. How much rock do you have? They can hide pretty well at first, but do stay in open water mostly during the day. 3 days would start to really worry me if it did not come out to eat. Hope for the best.

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashers do not sleep in the sand. How much rock do you have? They can hide pretty well at first, but do stay in open water mostly during the day. 3 days would start to really worry me if it did not come out to eat. Hope for the best.
It has really worried, I looked everywhere and don’t see anything, To think of it there’s only one rocks I didn’t remove so I’ll check. It is really sad cause I know wrasses don’t do too well in copper, but I was happy he was doing well in my qt and now this :(

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tank an AIO .... assume you checked the overflow? Absent that the pessimist in me thinks corpse under rock.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Splendid Pintail jumped through the IM mesh top just the other day. Found him getting a nice tan on TOP of the mesh almost directly under my light. So it is possible. Do you have any other pets? My dog most likely ate my Blue spot that definitely jumped out through the mesh because I witnessed it 3 times but he's been missing for a week now and no sign on the floor or behind the tank

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tank an AIO .... assume you checked the overflow? Absent that the pessimist in me thinks corpse under rock.
I looked under all the rocks except one so I’ll check when I get home, but yes it’s the all in one so I checked the back filtration and nothing. Honestly the pessimism is there for me too

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back