Me and My 4g Reef

VKP01

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2017
Messages
505
Reaction score
749
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! This is my first build thread, so I’m still figuring everything out. I started this tank in September of 2018, so I’m going to do a couple posts getting up to date, then continuing on as we progress!

Some tank info:

The aquarium is Lifegard Aquatic’s new 4.14g all-in-one crystal aquarium. I’m setting it up to hopefully keep soft corals and a couple barnacle blennies.

All questions and suggestions are more than welcome! Stay tuned for updates

edit: including an up-to-date picture as a teaser ;)
BF6DAD76-0DD7-496D-AC5E-D87A6CB5E989.jpeg
AB44E0E8-E80A-4C79-8A20-B90B536BBDA2.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Pics from September up to yesterday! It was a display at MACNA Las Vegas that I bought and flew back with. Took it as my carry on lol.
The rock is CaribSea life rock, supplemented with some old dry rock. Barnacles are some that I collected beach-combing, secured with aquarium silicone. Just got the sand in a couple nights ago! I accidentally ordered a bag of CaribSea Fiji pink (instead of Bimini pink. My all time favorite sand) but it looks really nice with this tank! Pretty much ready for livestock
BEAF3AEF-FBE8-4920-B0D7-9B44D4E6F102.jpeg
84BB835F-29B1-42AF-8DA1-7DC5B7DC723C.jpeg
DA050C74-B39C-4012-AB84-CF452864EBA2.jpeg
97A246D4-6507-474E-BAF9-59D0A188984B.jpeg
59497D81-B9D8-493C-9578-330E9DCE918B.jpeg
 
Waiting on the cycle to finish up. Ammonia- 0ppm, nitrite - 0.5ppm, nitrate - 40ppm.
CBED2395-8BF9-450A-B21F-BF32CF6F1753.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new