OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
used to have a problem with my clowns just like this. After many (very painful) months of hand feeding them they realized I am a giver of gifts, not a monster they must protect their precious Duncan from. No more problems now!
Thankfully mine are still small right now so it's not painful yet. I'm hoping she warms up to me eventually like yours or else its gonna be painful as she grows. My male loves me, anytime I go to the tank he gets right in front of me kinda like he is showing off blocking my view of anything I'm trying to look at then you got the witch lurking in the back corner just waiting for the opportunity to attack. Unfortunately I have a feeling she's just always going to be this way but at least for now I can laugh about it.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lightning maroons - hate me and my hand as much as they do each other. 1 is very adept at using that spike on it's cheek - also attacks the algae scraper with extreme fury. Also smart enough to not attack a gloved hand but will attach the forearm / wrist areas that are exposed.

Neither care about any other fish in their respective tanks.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns have been pretty good thankfully. The only one I have problems with is a standard ocellaris clown that likes to beat the crap out of a smaller picasso during feeding time. They get along fine other than that.

Teri NewbieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I named my clown Jaws. goes right after my hand as soon as it's in the tank. Really makes an effort at biting me.
My female's name is "Munch" for the same reason... unfortunately her mate "Saddles" died today after having him 7 years, so I will have to get her another male.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
c'mon ,all let's see some home "attack" video's ;) :p

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c'mon ,all let's see some home "attack" video's ;) :p
I tried getting one this morning but she knew I was up to something lol. I'll get one of her eventually. I was putting frags on new rocks so I think she was more interested with the new rocks I was placing in there.

californiarob

Reef lover with a pirate smiLe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you just learned what we all know eventually.... that clown owns the tank now not you.....hahaaaaa
pretty normal especially if a female, they will own that tank, I usually get them to calm down by having flake food in my finger tips and after a while they realize fingers are for feeding them, but this only slows her down as when cleaning she will still test you... usually end up with a wet shirt in the process..lol

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
funny,even if it does not hurt ,still twitch every time..lol,the hand feeding will stop that,"never bite the hand that feeds you"
cool video :)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angry little clown fish! Hah! My maroon twice the size isn’t even that territorial towards me, only her wrasse roommate.

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funny,even if it does not hurt ,still twitch every time..lol,the hand feeding will stop that,"never bite the hand that feeds you"
cool video :)
I hope she doesnt do it when she's full grown lol. The male is just hanging out in the back like nope I dont want nothing to do with this situation lol. You can't totally tell from the video but everytime she's getting really close she likes going for the webbing of my fingers. Its like she knows where the softest most sensitive spot on your hand is at

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo is a jerk! Lol
9251A053-2F75-40DA-93F3-CC3E88E2FA55.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back