Measured PAR, need opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter OhDumb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'll guess it is an Apogee meter. Li-Cor quantum meters are pricey, and Spectrum Technologies' meters haven't gained any traction in the hobby.
Yes, I googled Apogee and it definitely was this make. It looks like it was the blue MQ-510 model from pictures but I'll call and confirm later today.
 
I'll guess it is an Apogee meter. Li-Cor quantum meters are pricey, and Spectrum Technologies' meters haven't gained any traction in the hobby.

Yes I confirmed today it’s an Apogee MQ-510.
IMG_1935.JPG
 
OK, thanks - it's the MQ-510. As long as your sensor was vertical (I assume you used the optional wand, and the sensor was not handheld) I think you're OK. More light wouldn't hurt if acclimation is allowed but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.
 
OK, thanks - it's the MQ-510. As long as your sensor was vertical (I assume you used the optional wand, and the sensor was not handheld) I think you're OK. More light wouldn't hurt if acclimation is allowed but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you for the confirmation!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new