Meat coral help

  • Thread starter Thread starter EchoStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EchoStar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
165
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some input. I got this meat coral about a month ago. He has slowly gotten worse. I have been hand feeding him oyster feast once a week and have moved hime 3 times trying to find a better spot for him. I think my clown fish bumped him at some point and his skeleton is poking though the flesh and has gotten worse since.. He does puff up a little but not like he did when I first got him. Everything in the tank I doing great and growing. Alk 8.2. Ranges from 8.2 to 8.8 in last week. Cal 545. Mag 1430. Ph 8.12. Temp 79. I do weekly water change with instant ocean reef crystal. I'm at a lost anyone got anything they recommend. Post of when I got him vs now.
20220814_172035.jpg
20220919_193800.jpg
 
Last edited:
Since you mentioned that everything is doing fine except this coral, let's get specific.

I haven't actually kept an Acanthophyllia, but what's true for the large polyp corals that I have kept is that 2-3x/week feeding of various high quality foods is best for good health and growth.

This in-depth video from Tidal Gardens should help:

https://www.tidalgardens.com/blog/acanthophyllia-coral-care/
 
How’s the Acantho doing? I seem to be having the same exact scenario. The clown fish have been messing with it and now one of it’s spike is showing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new