MECorals Nitrate, who's used it?

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this product? How did it do? Most of my corals have the washed out pastel look to them so I ordered a bottle of this, wondering if it's decent.

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down the best stuff in the market it’s pharmaceutical grade not industrial grade, met the owner at rap ny last week great company def recommend

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down the best stuff in the market it’s pharmaceutical grade not industrial grade, met the owner at rap ny last week great company def recommend

Do you have any reason to think it is better than food grade sodium nitrate that is cheap and easy to buy from amazon?

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any reason to think it is better than food grade sodium nitrate that is cheap and easy to buy from amazon?
I don’t Personally but from what I gather from talking with the owner at ME coral at nap NY I would buy pharmaceutical grade over industrial just to have the piece of mind, one example he was telling me was when mixing up cheap salt mixes sometimes there is brown residue left behind in the container and that’s from industrial waste of some kind that’s not refined down as as far as pharmaceutical grade ingredients not sure if we’re comparing apples to oranges here but I love the products me coral has now with their coral food and soft pellets as well as major and trace elements.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t Personally but from what I gather from talking with the owner at ME coral at nap NY I would buy pharmaceutical grade over industrial just to have the piece of mind, one example he was telling me was when mixing up cheap salt mixes sometimes there is brown residue left behind in the container and that’s from industrial waste of some kind that’s not refined down as as far as pharmaceutical grade ingredients not sure if we’re comparing apples to oranges here but I love the products me coral has now with their coral food and soft pellets as well as major and trace elements.

I certainly do not recommend "industrial grade" as that is not any specific thing. Food grade is very good, inexpensive and readily available.

The salt mix thing is not correct, IMO.

The mix known for brown deposits is reef crystals. It is not brown from "industrial waste".

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back