NeoPhos and NeoNitro on a automatic doser?

Tex11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing 10ml of neophos a day to maintain .1ppm po4 or close to it. I'm dosing 20ml every couple of days to keep no3 at 15 ppm. Both bottles say to shake well before use. I'm wondering what negative consequences might occur if I put them in a container to auto dose? Anyone tried this?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing 10ml of neophos a day to maintain .1ppm po4 or close to it. I'm dosing 20ml every couple of days to keep no3 at 15 ppm. Both bottles say to shake well before use. I'm wondering what negative consequences might occur if I put them in a container to auto dose? Anyone tried this?
I have run with both on automated dosers and havent noticed any negative effect. I have not dosed these manually though so I have little to compare with!

I am currently dosing them based on daily test results from a RF Smart Tester.

I am changing from Brighwell to Reef Zlements when I am out simply from a price stand point.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000002199.jpg

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mixed them both together and dosed hourly for years. Ratio gets checked every time I adjust dose which is usually 2-3 months. I sterilize the reservoirs when I refill them and never noticed any weird settling or suspension.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mixed them both together and dosed hourly for years. Ratio gets checked every time I adjust dose which is usually 2-3 months. I sterilize the reservoirs when I refill them and never noticed any weird settling or suspension.
What a simple and great idea that I never thought about :D Will free up one dosing head for other stuff..

Might just start doing this :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think this is specific to the Brightwell products? Once I’m through this batch, I’m going to mix up my own. Just curious.

I think it does not really apply here either. Dissolved chemicals do not ever need mixing, and these products should all be dissolved.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back