Media for fx6

steclo1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone setting up a 75g decided to go with canister and got an fx6. Anyone on here have any advice on media they use? Any tips for canister matanance as well? Any feedback is appreciated thank you!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone setting up a 75g decided to go with canister and got an fx6. Anyone on here have any advice on media they use? Any tips for canister matanance as well? Any feedback is appreciated thank you!
I'd stick in as many bio balls (such as the Maxspect ones!) that you can fit! :)

Have a look at this video, it might be helpful for you..

I ran my first reef tank (a Fluval Roma 125) off a canister with reasonable success. It does require a fair bit of filter cleaning but it can definetly be done..

Q: Are you buying a new tank? :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steclo1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stick in as many bio balls (such as the Maxspect ones!) that you can fit! :)

Have a look at this video, it might be helpful for you..

I ran my first reef tank (a Fluval Roma 125) off a canister with reasonable success. It does require a fair bit of filter cleaning but it can definetly be done..

Q: Are you buying a new tank? :)
I got a used tank from a guy from Facebook that was leaving the hobby. I'm trying to do this all budget coming from a 32 biocube that we had for about half a year and wanted bigger tank. Thank you for the advice I appreciate it!

Upvote 0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a used tank from a guy from Facebook that was leaving the hobby. I'm trying to do this all budget coming from a 32 biocube that we had for about half a year and wanted bigger tank. Thank you for the advice I appreciate it!
Give YouTube a good go; there are several reefers out there using the Fluval (and other!) canisters.

The FX6 is a beast, you can fit a lot of media in that one! Plus it has a super convenient function for your routine water changes.

Now, off course I would prefer a sump but saying that you can not do reefing on a canister is a lie! :) Best of luck..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steclo1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give YouTube a good go; there are several reefers out there using the Fluval (and other!) canisters.

The FX6 is a beast, you can fit a lot of media in that one! Plus it has a super convenient function for your routine water changes.

Now, off course I would prefer a sump but saying that you can not do reefing on a canister is a lie! :) Best of luck..
Thank you very much for the advice and support :)

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back