media reactors

  • Thread starter Thread starter tanklife3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tanklife3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2015
Messages
274
Reaction score
89
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm looking to buy a media reactor to reduce N and P in my tank. I don't know much about them as far as what is a good brand what is not or what media is the best. So if anyone would share there setups with me that would be great! Really want to know what kind of reactor? What pump? What media?
 
I'm still new to all this, but just got done looking into reactors and went with two Phosban 150 reactors. I'll daisy chain them together and have phosban in one, and carbon in the other. This seems to be a more popular option from what i've seen to dual reactors, but maybe you could get away with just one? I figured I'd cover all my bases while i'm ordering, lol.
 
I'm still new to all this, but just got done looking into reactors and went with two Phosban 150 reactors. I'll daisy chain them together and have phosban in one, and carbon in the other. This seems to be a more popular option from what i've seen to dual reactors, but maybe you could get away with just one? I figured I'd cover all my bases while i'm ordering, lol.
So you don't have these on your tank yet or you do?
 
Nope, just placed the order today, lol. I'm planning on Phosban in one, and Active Carbon in the other. It seems to be a popular setup, but I'm sure somebody seasoned will chime in soon :)
 
Nope, just placed the order today, lol. I'm planning on Phosban in one, and Active Carbon in the other. It seems to be a popular setup, but I'm sure somebody seasoned will chime in soon :)
Well even if someone doesn't make sure to let us know how this works for you!
 
I recently bought the new Avast marine works fluidized cone reactor and it is awesome. Firsat reactor that I can run GFO and purigen without trouble.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new