media reactors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well ordered the DIY kit I must say pretty simple to put together.... ex specially for a first timer welding acrylic together lol glued once everything fit like a champ no leaks. I had it together in less then 30 mins and waited until the following day to water test it. left water in for a day then hooked it up to the system.....

I will note they do have different sizes you may want to add one as they are small like the 2 little fishes one. comes with everything needed I like the half in pipe as it is connected to my return for flow with a ball valve. works great build quality is good craftsmanship other then my own is good everything like i stated before fits right up. pretty common sense DIY kit.

was not sure if it came with directions but had to mess it up lol.

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it went together easily without directions :) I meant to let you know that there is a walkthrough assembly video and picture instruction manual on the MR5 Kit page here:
AVAST Marine Works - MR5 Media Reactor Kit - Product Details

(The video still refers to the old GSA name; we're planning on reshooting the video soon!)

We are planning a 6" diameter kit shortly, and all of the kits have optional heights now. So you will be able to put together a monster 6"x30" reactor for a whole lot cheaper than what's out there now.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to order a reactor for some Warner Eco bac, any idea on when the 6" reactors will be available. I was going to order a custom one 4" taller but would rather have a shorter wider one.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul,

The 6" MR16 kit is available now, we just have not had time to get it up on the website yet. The cost is $84.99 and it holds one gallon of media. The footprint is 9"x9" and is 15" tall. Connection options and assembly are identical to the MR5, let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That will be a perfect size. I think that comes out to over 4 L of media...plenty of room. I will be able to order Monday or Tuesday, should I just pm you?

Last edited:

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of a AVAST DIY reactor running Warner EcoBak pellets. Works great! The performated plates with the mesh material work great with no pellets escaping. I added 4" to the stock size to make room for the pellets to tumble. Probably would work OK with the stock dimensions. This 1 liter of pellets in my 175 gal system.

Attachments

• P8020089.jpg
    P8020089.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 277
  • P8020087.jpg
    P8020087.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 215

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of a AVAST DIY reactor running Warner EcoBak pellets. Works great! The performated plates with the mesh material work great with no pellets escaping. I added 4" to the stock size to make room for the pellets to tumble. Probably would work OK with the stock dimensions. This 1 liter of pellets in my 175 gal system.

Looks great!

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

eran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a mr-16 with an extra 6" to make it 20" tall!!! This will go on my 400 gal system with a gallon of bio pellets from WM!! I can't wait to stop dosing vodka!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back