New Salifert calcium test kits

Other than for NO3 & PO4 (Hanna), I've always used Salifert test kits. That was UNTIL they changed their Calcium test kit, at which point I experienced strange test results, repeatedly. It was frustrating enough that I now use Red Sea Calcium test kits.
 
My experience: Following the directions, the sample starts out blue. As I continue to add drops, the sample begins to turn pink and turns blue again.
 
And let’s say the test comes back at some totally random number…

Is it the salt mix or the test kit?

This is silly.

He has 2 brand new tests saying one the same number, yet he still doesn’t trust it because “I know my tank can’t be that low”


….ok…. :rolleyes:
So my friend being as stubborn and hard headed as i am i bought a THIRD test kit and guess what, same exact bull !!! So i then went and ordered a Aquaforest test kit being it’s very similar and guess what ??? The Aquaforest worked like it’s supposed to and the first test read 460 !!! Then for good measure i did another test and same thing 460, just like i said i thought it should be at because after all i knew there was no way my tank was that low
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new