No calcium in tank

805reeftank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
204
Reaction score
81
Location
santa maria
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going through a cyano battle and decided to do a chemiclean treatment at the end of day 2 most of the cyano is gone. Started a batch for a water change. So I decided to test, haven’t done a full test since 8/5 ( everything tested within my normal range) Usually only test the main 3 alk, po4, no4 and those are always normal.

So I decided I would do all of them today. Calcium is not reading. Never changed to pink then blue, it just stays blue. I tested the batch water and tested fine. So now I’m thinking maybe my doser is clogged, nope all dosers are level the dose in equal parts. Then I think I just made new solution maybe I forgot to put calcium chloride in it, nope. I tested the solution and it’s saturated.

Corals haven’t been looking the best because of the cyano but this morning things just looked off. That’s what prompted the testing.

Anyone ever had this problem?

I’m using the salifert calcium test expires 2030
 
Last edited:
Duplicate thread. No need to post multiples, please.

From the other thread:

Try testing some new salt water.

If calcium is around 300 ppm or lower it will start blue, because the kit skipped past the endpoint.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new