Media RFeactors

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the Best made and functioning Media reactors, Need two for my 125 build.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I USE BRS reactors on both my 120 & 65 gal tanks - they work great no issues and BRS stands behind their reactors.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all made pretty much the same. A clear cylinder with another cylinder inside that you stuff media in. You then put a pump somewhere, or a line off your return line to feed the reactor.

There are no likes and dislikes. lol

Only ones I can think of that are different is the NYOS torque reactors, and 99% of the reviews I've seen on them are all pretty negative.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I USE BRS reactors on both my 120 & 65 gal tanks - they work great no issues and BRS stands behind their reactors.
OK Thanks Can They be used in sumps? I only see people attaching them to walls which I cannot do as I live in an apartment and rules prevent that.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all made pretty much the same. A clear cylinder with another cylinder inside that you stuff media in. You then put a pump somewhere, or a line off your return line to feed the reactor.

There are no likes and dislikes. lol

Only ones I can think of that are different is the NYOS torque reactors, and 99% of the reviews I've seen on them are all pretty negative.
YES I have heard NOT GOOD things about them.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do if I could not attach it to a wall, is just let it hang off the side of the sump.

Depending on what size your tank is, the BRS mini is a great smaller reactor for smaller tanks and can easily hang off the side of a sump.

EDIT:

Sorry saw it back at the OP it's for a 125. Any of the BRS reactors can be hung off the side of the sump, or just placed in the stand(they will stand up on their own).

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamaxx reactors are nice and they make ones with the pump underneath the reactor so that you don't need to have tubing.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do if I could not attach it to a wall, is just let it hang off the side of the sump.

Depending on what size your tank is, the BRS mini is a great smaller reactor for smaller tanks and can easily hang off the side of a sump.

EDIT:

Sorry saw it back at the OP it's for a 125. Any of the BRS reactors can be hung off the side of the sump, or just placed in the stand(they will stand up on their own).
Thanks

Back