Media

  • Thread starter Thread starter Austinp42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Austinp42

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
36
Location
lakeland fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon AIO and have the custom caddy for my carbon and GFO but I’m getting tired of ordering the new ones every month because it gets expensive. Does anyone know good reusable mesh bags. How do I also measure out the media.
 
Some people don't even use carbon in their marine tanks but when I had one of these AIO setups I just ordered the 3pk of the AquaClear carbon bags. It's already bagged and you can get them in various sizes to fit what you have. Their skinner bag is helpful for the skinny back or caddy compartments. Otherwise, you can find fine mesh bags and get bulk carbon cheaper but not all carbon is quality. I've tried also the Chemi-pure carbons too which also come bagged but they are a bit bulkier/harder to fit in a caddy.
 
Some people don't even use carbon in their marine tanks but when I had one of these AIO setups I just ordered the 3pk of the AquaClear carbon bags. It's already bagged and you can get them in various sizes to fit what you have. Their skinner bag is helpful for the skinny back or caddy compartments. Otherwise, you can find fine mesh bags and get bulk carbon cheaper but not all carbon is quality. I've tried also the Chemi-pure carbons too which also come bagged but they are a bit bulkier/harder to fit in a caddy.
Ok thank you very much
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new