Medication Compatibility Guide

HelpToAll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Do you know if nitrofurazone+levamisole is ok? an also kanamycin with levamisole? thank you

Last edited:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for putting this together.

Can metroplex dosed to the water be combined w CP?

I have a couple green chromis w eronema that I’m treating w cp and a dottyback that looks like he may be presenting bacterial infection on his side. Raised scales and pale mottled discolored spots.

If so would plan to treat ASAP. Tia!!

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw in my experience mixing prazipro and cp has never had any ill effects. just a thought maybe ive been lucky. anyone?

I have done it several times without issues, but I also run an air pump rated for 150 gallons with an air stone on my 29 gallon QT anytime they are setup and running. My last batch I used general cure instead of prazipro.

Sidewalkingkat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one use the trifecta? All dosed via water or one water, others via food? In my qt I have a fungus that is on one and maybe hole in the head on the other. Been treating with nitrofurazone, but shes not looking better. Been researching which route to go and if I should just do daily water changes with medicated food. We got a new hob vs only sponge filters and hopes that helps.

Sidewalkingkat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one use the trifecta? All dosed via water or one water, others via food? In my qt I have a fungus that is on one and maybe hole in the head on the other. Been treating with nitrofurazone, but shes not looking better. Been researching which route to go and if I should just do daily water changes with medicated food. We got a new hob vs only sponge filters and hopes that helps.

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water.
Kanaplex, furan-2 are not absorbed when fed.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try mixing meds with Nitrofuracin Green? I have a bandit angel who is currently in NFG with a pretty gnarly internal parasite/infection (swimming on his side, long stringy white poo, not eating). I want to treat him for worms, tried moving him to a tank with Prazi + Metro + Neoplex and he ended up on the bottom barely breathing, so I moved him back to the NFG tank.

Considering trying API General Cure in the NFG tank, but not sure about interactions. Wish I could just get him to eat food with Metro or Neoplex, but not happening.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back