Medium/Large-Polyped Favites

thamnasteroid

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
3,663
Reaction score
3,011
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From my time in this hobby, I have mostly only seen small-polyped Favites (think pentagona, micropentagonus, etc.) in this hobby, almost never medium (abdita, halicora, etc) or large-polyped (rotundata, vasta, flexuosa, etc). The only other species of Favites I have seen besides F. pentagona is the occasional F. (para)flexuosa as "prism"/"dragon soul Favia" (most prism/dragon soul are Dipsastraea rosaria). I was wondering, does anybody here have a medium/large-polyped Favites?
 
Bumping your post!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new