Medusa worm infestation

new_to_reefing89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Hudson
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a medusa worm problem and have found no information on getting rid of them or anything that will eat them in my reef tank. I want them gone and any information would be greatly appreciated. Tank is less than 6 months old and I did my best to keep pests out. I'm assuming they came in on snails as that's the only thing I added before the outbreak happened. No good pictures of them but I'm 100 percent certain they are medusa worms.
 
Ok thank you I will try the arrow crab I really don't want to reduce feeding. I prefer my fish to be healthy so I do freeze dried brine with new life spectrum algaemax pellets soaked in vita chem and selcon mixed with spiralina powder. I rescued a hippo tang that wasn't being fed properly and getting bullied by a damsel so she needs all the nutrients she can get. She was in rough shape when I got her but is doing much better now other than her fins don't seem to be growing back. The HLLE has healed up significantly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new