Medusa worms

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottF

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
715
Reaction score
346
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was watching a video of a shrimp riding a medusa worm around a reef tank and it was one of the most interesting things I've seen in reefing. I've always been into interesting critters. I like looking at fish and coral, but I really like watching interesting critters like pompom crabs or shrimp/goby pairs scurry about.

I was thinking about trying to find one of these for my little (15gal) reef, but it seems like these may get big. Is this too small of a tank for this cucumber? I'd rather do it in the 15gal than the 250gal. The 15 was originally going to be a nem/clown with some softies like pulsing xenia. It already has a nem guard on the MP10.

I'm think the 250 probably isn't a good place for one. I don't want to put nem guards on the Gyres/MP40s. I'm also concerned about the whole grenade aspect. I'd be sad if it wiped out my 15gal. It would probably only be the worm, the shrimp, a small CuC and some xenia. Maybe a leather and a small fish.

I'd be devastated if it wiped out the 250.
 
I was all ready to name my medusa worm Shai-Hulud and it's emperor shrimp Shaddam Corrino. Maybe some day I'll setup a tank that can be a good habitat for one of these creatures.
 
I was all ready to name my medusa worm Shai-Hulud and it's emperor shrimp Shaddam Corrino. Maybe some day I'll setup a tank that can be a good habitat for one of these creatures.
Haha, they are super cool critters - and those would great names.
 
So I was watching a video of a shrimp riding a medusa worm around a reef tank and it was one of the most interesting things I've seen in reefing. I've always been into interesting critters. I like looking at fish and coral, but I really like watching interesting critters like pompom crabs or shrimp/goby pairs scurry about.

I was thinking about trying to find one of these for my little (15gal) reef, but it seems like these may get big. Is this too small of a tank for this cucumber? I'd rather do it in the 15gal than the 250gal. The 15 was originally going to be a nem/clown with some softies like pulsing xenia. It already has a nem guard on the MP10.

I'm think the 250 probably isn't a good place for one. I don't want to put nem guards on the Gyres/MP40s. I'm also concerned about the whole grenade aspect. I'd be sad if it wiped out my 15gal. It would probably only be the worm, the shrimp, a small CuC and some xenia. Maybe a leather and a small fish.

I'd be devastated if it wiped out the 250.
Cool looking but not desired and do get large same as with bobbit
 
I’ve had them in the past on accident and had to trap them. If they die in the tank it’s bad news!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new