Meet and Greet

Carolyn's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers!

I was in the hobby about 15 years ago. I worked at the local fish store here Boardroom Aquatics. I was OBSESSED! I participated in the 1st WWC 24 hour sale. Things were going GREAT... And then...

I ended up selling everything and I took a 10 years break. My 300 gallon tank broke end to end and we had to redo the kitchen floors. I lost some of my most favorite fish I was about to give up. Then when we had a drought in my area and the water table was so low. Our RO wasn't removing the ammonia even with added media. It ended up killing my colonies of coral before I found out where the ammonia was coming from. Plus on top of all of that, I was balancing being a Kindergarten teacher/ Lead teacher. I started my own business so balancing was too hard.

Needless to say, I am BACK! I am excited and also surprised how much as changed in the hobby. I just participated in WWC 2 day sale and can't wait to add some corals to the tank!

Saying hello to you all =) I am going to be documenting my tank on Youtube if you want to take a peek.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community!!

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers!

I was in the hobby about 15 years ago. I worked at the local fish store here Boardroom Aquatics. I was OBSESSED! I participated in the 1st WWC 24 hour sale. Things were going GREAT... And then...

I ended up selling everything and I took a 10 years break. My 300 gallon tank broke end to end and we had to redo the kitchen floors. I lost some of my most favorite fish I was about to give up. Then when we had a drought in my area and the water table was so low. Our RO wasn't removing the ammonia even with added media. It ended up killing my colonies of coral before I found out where the ammonia was coming from. Plus on top of all of that, I was balancing being a Kindergarten teacher/ Lead teacher. I started my own business so balancing was too hard.

Needless to say, I am BACK! I am excited and also surprised how much as changed in the hobby. I just participated in WWC 2 day sale and can't wait to add some corals to the tank!

Saying hello to you all =) I am going to be documenting my tank on Youtube if you want to take a peek.

Welcome!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers!

Welcome and Welcome Back!

A lot has changed in hobby and world in 15 years, but glad you found your way back to your happy place.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back