Meet Loki..

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guppies aren't doing it for me. Several fish stores and nothing larger than fry. I heard gold fish aren't good for the diet. I was thinking of trying the frozen shrimp from the grocery store. Thoughts?

20160305_205935.jpg

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm scared about doing the stick method

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen shrimp will be good, just make sure it's uncooked. If you want soak it in vita Chem or selcon too.

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it was tongs because I look pretty silly right now and my family is questioning my manliness.

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it was tongs because I look pretty silly right now and my family is questioning my manliness.

The things we do for our fish. I'm looking like Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror. . Even the fish are laughing at me.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful of those sharp feeding sticks. I have directions for making a stick in HERE. It hold big pieces and small pieces, it's stealthy and it's safe.

You absolutely wanna get the guy on frozen fish/shrimp/misc inverts from the market.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm scared about doing the stick method

Nothing to be scared about. If you leave near the ocean you can go catch some fish and shrimp yourself. What else is in your tank?

It might be possible to order a dozen chromis or saltwater bait fish, dump them in your tank and let him eat at his own leisure. At first he might eat a lot because it is new to him. Predatory fish don't really eat a lot. I have done the free feeding with groupers and eels. It turns out they will only eat a few mummichogs and a few ghost shrimp a week. A dozen will last more then a month.

Here are some live silversides I use as feeders.When people come to my house they think is pretty cool. They usually only see frozen ones.

Last edited:

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it that concerns you about the stick? The lion injuring themselves or you being injured?

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lion injuring himself is my biggest worry . I've seen the speed of this thing. The rest of my tank consists of a dog face puffer and I have 5 monos on order (really nice schooling and big enough I shouldn't have to worry about Loki going to town on them. I'm also looking at a fox face rabbit.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stick in the link is made from fishing line. They cannot hurt themselves. We developed an actual "for real" stick, patent and all, but you can make it with a clear stick, 50lb fishing line and some regular ole tape.

Your life will be easier and your fish will be healthier, if you convert them.

What's a mono?

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stick in the link is made from fishing line. They cannot hurt themselves. We developed an actual "for real" stick, patent and all, but you can make it with a clear stick, 50lb fishing line and some regular ole tape.

Your life will be easier and your fish will be healthier, if you convert them.

What's a mono?

p-89767-sebea.jpg

OP
OP
Dastins

Dastins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful schooling. .5 in a hundred gallon is just about perfect

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

• I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

• Other.

Back