Meet Sushi and Baitfish

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these 2 up today. They are about 8 in long long and 1/4 thick. I normally measure my fish before putting them in my tank but these came in a shopping bag with no water. When I asked for water I was told they will die if they put water in the bag lol. When I got home I just wanted to get them in water. One of them has a deep cut on it's head.

20150920_152413.jpg

Last edited:

Horn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some cool fish. You should start a thread showcasing them. I have one suggestion. You need to work on your photography skills.

OP
OP
C

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments. I worked hard to get that strip of algae on the bottom of the glass. The lights are rarely off. I need to get a timer for them.

They are American eels and bought at a bait shop. I bought some eels for my freshwater tank a few years ago and the a different store did the same thing, but gave me water after I asked. Apparently this is the normal procedure when buying eels. I don't fish so I am not really sure what the deal is. He did offer me some ice cubes so maybe they survive for a long time in a ice bucket.

They ate right after I put them in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see them for a few weeks. The other day I managed to get a video.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back