Meeting - May 6th - Clownfish Breeding

Chris Littrell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
21
Location
Shelton CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Date:
May 6th

Time:
2-4pm

Where:
Fairfield Country Day School - 2970 Bronson Rd - Fairfield

Topic:
I will lead a discussion on breeding Clownfish. I will show you my setup and walk you through the process that I used to raise Amphiprion-clarkii. I currently have about 40 fish 30 days post hatch. They will be about 60 days post hatch at the meeting. I will show you the parents and how I moved the fry to the rearing tank. I will also discuss the food and husbandry needs.

Breeding thread is here. https://tinyurl.com/Amphiprion-clarkii

We can also look at some of the other tanks that I have at school.

55 clownfish tank
29 rearing tank
180 salt
180 fresh
90 trout (currently has 30-40 trout hatched in the fall)
 
This sounds really cool I am just starting out and clown fish are what i want to keep i would love to attend this meeting are there any prerequisites to be able to come?
 
teaser photo... From this morning.

IMG_1198.jpg
 
That's really cool are you doing this as project?
 
LOL. It’s more the photo. They will clear that in about 15min. B2 so much better than size A. A would just cover the bottom of the tank like orange snow.
 
That's really cool are you doing this as project?

Not a direct project but I have a small group of students that help with the tanks. This time most of the critical parts happened to be when the boys were on break so next time I would try to pick a time when they are in session.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new