melanarus wrasse hiding

tracereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a new melanarus wrasse yesterday and he immediately burrowed into the sand. i know they do this when they’re stressed, but any idea as to when i might actually get to see my new fish? what if he dies in the sand bed haha

Derbird

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are funny fish, they will hid anytime they feel stressed.

When I first got my Melenarus wrasse it hid for a week and a half. I was sure it was dead. Then one day I fed the tank and there he was, swimming around like he owned the place. After that he only hid if a tang got too pushy

BadFish619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He'll come out, get scared, go back, come out again. It could be awhile but he'll eventually come see ya

JayKim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started eating as soon a I put it in the tank. I have no sand bed. I got mine from local fish store and made sure it was eating before I bought it. Where did you get yours?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started eating as soon a I put it in the tank. I have no sand bed. I got mine from local fish store and made sure it was eating before I bought it. Where did you get yours?

You will want to give it some sand to sleep and hide in, even if it's just a tupperware with sand in it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back