Melanurus Weasse with Coco Worms

His Coral Highness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
302
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 fairly large coco worms in my tank now. I was looking into getting a Melanurus and I know they can go after pest micro tube worms, but would they also go for large display tube worms?
 
Ive had melanurus and other halichoeres genus wrasse with my coco worms and feather dusters at no detriment, but some people report having issues where they would nip and bite at them.

Theres always that chance they will as fishes taste and personalities vary. I think adding the melanurus gives way to that type of risk and you cant know 100% unless you try, I had a positive experience but many have not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new