Melanurus wrasse chasing his shadow

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I captured a video this evening of my melanurus wrasse after walking into the fish room and seeing sand all over my tank and trachyphyllia coral..

Turns out my wrasse is not a big fan of his own reflection

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Melanurus is the most neurotic fish I've ever had. Constantly swimming laps around my frag rack. Or in and out of caves.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occasionally mine will do circles like a dog chasing it's tail and he also loves to lounge on this rock with GSP on it, must feel comfortable.
He gave me a scare this morning, the tank was dark an hour before the lights come on. I noticed a frag on it's side in the sand, I upright the frag and proceed to move some sand back in place around the frag as I'm doing this I must have touched my Melanurus because he shot out of the sand, splashed water everywhere hit a loose rock and knocked it over and settled in the corner on top of his GSP rock. After my nerves settled from the scare I was worried about the Melanurus because he hit the rock pretty hard, couldn't see anything because the tank was still dark and he wasn't on the GSP rock anymore, I'll have to wait to get home later, hopefully he didn't hurt himself hitting the rock.

Lounging on his favorite rock
VXCoJaql.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 46.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back