melanurus wrasse in bare bottom tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tphill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My tank has screen lids. You think he jumped because he didn't have a place to hide?
 
had one for 2 years in a BB and sold it before I broke down earlier this summer.
 
Maybe it's dependent on the fish. I really like the looks and color of this wrasse. I have 2 other wrasse in the tank, solon and orange-back fairy wrasses, and want to add a carpenter's flasher and the melanurus, but don't want to add a sand bed.
 
It's just not right... they rely on the sand for their protection and comfort... they require sand to thrive... will they live, maybe but it won't be best for the fish... put a container with sand or a pile of sand in the back... I have a BB and have a section of sand behind the rocks with a small acrylic wall... and I plan on having a melanarus
 
I could do the container with sand in the back of the tank. Then he could be happy and I would be happy.
 
^ That would be the best plan.

I do not recommend keeping any genus of wrasse which sleeps in the sand in a BB tank. It does not bode well for their longevity. A sand container is a simple solution for BB tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new