Melenarus Wrasse Mouth Open

JustinMN18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
342
Reaction score
88
Location
55427
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have this melenarus wrasse, that seems to be swimming with its mouth open. I have noticed over the last couple days. The fish still eats fine (as far as I can tell). Any idea what might be causing this?


Thanks everyone.

20210712_193525.jpg
 
Not uncommon especially if it’s eating and not labored breathing
Assure no elevated ammonia level
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new