Member photo contest: Blue

Hunna’s Stunnas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2023
Messages
830
Reaction score
1,939
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna host my own photo contest.

Winner will get a nice frag of Fairy Fart zoas (I’ll attach a photo of the frag to be won later today or tomorrow once I’m able to get a shot of it). All I ask is to split shipping cost with me, as I’m a single parent on a very limited budget. Must be in the continental US, as I can’t ship outside. Sample of frag to be won:
P1080445.jpeg



Subject: let’s start off with a color not super popular in the hobby, blue. Whether it’s a coral, invert, or fish, I want to see your best photo where the subject is primarily blue.

Rules: this is going to be an actual photo contest where focus, exposure, framing, etc will actually be used and taken into consideration when choosing which photos will make it to a voting round. I don’t want to see blurry phone pictures (phones can take great ones these days, and those are welcome), or over saturated or edited photos. I want actual, good photographs where images are clear, sharp, and with minimal editing.

The subject also needs to be primarily blue. Not green. Not purple. Blue. I know there are tons of shades of blue, but it actually needs to be one of them. Turquoise/teal will be considered, so long as it’s closer to the blue side of the spectrum instead of green.

As photos are submitted, I’ll use reactions to help narrow it down to a top 5-10 (depending on how many are entered in). From there, reactions will once again be used to vote on the winner. I’m only going to step in for the first round if a photo that doesn’t fit the criteria above starts getting “popularity votes” for a lack of a better term. Once the final 5/10 are picked, it will be strictly based on positive reaction scores.

Deadline for entries will be 12pm EST Feb 10, 4 weeks from today. After that, I’ll go through the submissions and gather the ones with the most positive reaction scores. After that, there will be 7-10 days to vote on the top 5.

A few examples of the types of images I’m looking for in the contest (don’t worry, I’m not competing and these aren’t entries).
PB300110.jpeg

PB240023.jpeg

P3050247.jpeg


Good luck and I look forward to seeing your submission!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ill bite! One of the most blue acros ive ever had was a no namer i got from a local reefer. Sadly lost it a year or so ago but I think about t his beautiful little colony all the time.
20231017_174156.jpg


I like your contest selection for "blue" hard color to capture right even under good conditions @Hunna’s Stunnas
Thank you for joining! I intentionally picked blue for that reason. Along with it not being as common in the hobby. Like I said, I want this to be a true photography competition where skills are required.
 
Since I’m unable to update the original post, this is the exact frag to be won. There are new heads forming, so it should be 6+ polyps by the time the contest is over and I arrange shipping with the winner.
P1140470.jpeg


If there’s enough participation, I may throw in a second or third frag of something like another zoa and/or easy SPS to make the $20 for shipping worth it.
 
Let’s see more pictures of blue in your aquarium!

To sweeten the pot for the winner, I’ll also throw in whatever this is (poci or stylo I believe)
P1170502.jpeg


And this frag of goldenrod
P1170505.jpeg


So 3 frags total to the winner! Again, I’m looking for high quality images in this competition. All photos of blue are welcome, but quality is going to play a huge impact on what makes it to the voting round.
 
Less than 24 hours to get in those pictures of blue in your aquarium! Remember, the subject needs to primarily be blue. Not a hint of blue. Or blue because no filter was used. Thanks!
I hope my last picture is enough blue to qualify. Ty for the opportunity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new