Memphis WTMRAC Frag swap 9-19-09

ducklabdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigsmile:Well the WTMRAC (West Tennessee Marine and Reef Aquarium Club) Is happy to Now have joined the forum here on RTR and We would like for everyone in this area to join in (and join our Reef :bigsmile:club WTMRAC as well)

We have a Frag Swap on Saturday 9-19 at the Agricenter on Germantown Rd. Come and join in on the fun.

Anyone that we like a table or vendor information or information on our club and the swap please visit our club web site at WTMRAC or you can contact me by e-mail at [email protected]

There are plenty of spaces still available and we hope to see you there!!
There are a lot of other activities going on in the Memphis area for your family to enjoy for the weekend including Crafts fair and festivals and a Gun show and many other things for your family to do.

Any of our club members please let me know if you sign on this site and what your going by here on R2R. Thanks to R2R for inviting us to join in!!
Bill Hampton aka ducklabdad

Last edited by a moderator:

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys have a forum here. Look foward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

I think the frag swap date is 9-19 not 11-19 correct? I would hate to be that early.

Jack

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the frag swap date is 9-19 not 11-19 correct? I would hate to be that early.

Jack

Well Jack, you could just get a good weekly rate at the Hampton Inn and settle down for a little vacation. You could set up your tanks and coral in the lobby next to the breakfast bar and maybe sell a frag or two! :cry:

Bill, you might want to edit the date in the thread title too, (if you can).

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Jack, you could just get a good weekly rate at the Hampton Inn and settle down for a little vacation. You could set up your tanks and coral in the lobby next to the breakfast bar and maybe sell a frag or two! :cry:

Not a bad idea but even with weekly rates, I wouldn't be able to afford it. Maybe they will let Kathy and I camp out in the lobby? Coral Market - Open 24hrs a day.

Jack

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on coming and will need a table. I won't have as much as normal (coming up Friday and leaving Sunday), but I'll still have a filled 20L...

Jmoore1197

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to see other people from memphis on here. how often are there frag swaps? I will be out of town for this one?

OP
OP
ducklabdad

ducklabdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been holding one each of the last 4 years now in September, but will prossibly have a more informal one in the spring. Hope you can come and join us.

Jmoore1197

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never been to frag swap before dont really know what it is or what to expect is this like a 1 time show to buy different corals can someone please explain frag swap a little more for me what time is the swap?

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swap is often a minomer... You'll find all kinds of things for sale, mostly in frags. Softies, LPS, SPS, zoas/paly's, etc. Expect anywhere from $10-60 a frag (mosyl in the $10-30 range, I'd think). Leave the manager of money at home and leave any sense of responsibility at the door:D. People will trade, too,if you have something they are interested in.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay call me today and said we will be able to set-up the night before starting at 7pm, but also said that there will be no guards and you will be leaving your stuff at your own risk???

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder 7 Pm till when? It is gonna be a 4.5 hour drive for me and I may not get away till 5ish.
Terry

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How early can we come in Saturday? I've got 5.5-6 hours of drive time, so I may not be getting in until late Friday night...

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The times have changed. Set up is from 4:00 till 7:00 PM.Just a note for those who need to know.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back