messing around with my macro lens, need advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter acr0p0ra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

acr0p0ra

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
184
Reaction score
14
Location
jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding my LPS today and decided to mess around with my macro lens. I need some advice. Some pictures are not totally in focus but they are shot from top down and I am having trouble keeping it totally steady.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • crush (1 of 1).jpg
    crush (1 of 1).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 187
  • frammer (1 of 1).jpg
    frammer (1 of 1).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 176
  • fruitloop (1 of 1).jpg
    fruitloop (1 of 1).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 175
  • hamscoll (1 of 1).jpg
    hamscoll (1 of 1).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 183
  • hurricane (1 of 1).jpg
    hurricane (1 of 1).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 205
2 more
 

Attachments

  • yellowham (1 of 1).jpg
    yellowham (1 of 1).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 178
  • yuma (1 of 1).jpg
    yuma (1 of 1).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 187
There should be 12 pictures, let me know if they dont all show up. Thanks again
 
Pictures look good. Try using a tripod. Let's you drop down the shutter speed to get more light while taking the f-stop up so you can get more focus. If you do have a tripod put the camera on a timer so you don't get and jitter from pressing the shutter
 
Last edited:
Richie,
Thanks, just not sure how to use one when shooting top down.
 
Work more on your white balance. Better steady the camera when taking the picture. Your pics are blurry due to camera shake. That scoly is awesome.
 
Nice looking pictures!

What lense are you using?

Does your lense have an AF option?
 
Thanks for the feedback.

I am shooting with a canon 100mm macro lens on a canon XS
 
When shooting from the top down I have been using the autofocus. I just ordered a remote shutter so when i shoot from a tripod I can use manual focus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new