Metal Halide Zoa Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter T57spikes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

T57spikes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Location
Groves, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently in the process of setting ups 35 gallon cube that will be a zoa only tank.

My current situation is that the 20x20 footprint is to small to run 24" T5 bulbs, which T5 and MH is the only light I've ever used on my tanks other than a short run with a black box LED that turned disastrous.

So, I'm contemplating using a 250W MH mounted 12" above the water line and using LED Actinics for a pop, or giving LED another try and using the AI Prime HD.

Has anyone ran Metal Halide over a zoa tank and had good growth, or was it to much light?
 
I have to agree with the above posts - I, along with my zoas, preferred the MH.
 
I use to have a pic from I think josh Pork sand which fb page of same zoa under t5 halides and leds all separate was really cool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new