Metal Stands: Where can I buy one ???

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Primo reef acrylics will cut it for u in aluminum t slot then u assembly at home, he is the best!!!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Primo reef acrylics will cut it for u in aluminum t slot then u assembly at home, he is the best!!!

Primo looks to be out of business. Page down and no new videos on YouTube. I too am interested in getting a quote for 80/20 type stand.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was built by CHR Metals, Springfield, MO. I had it powder coated by Springfield Powdercoating.

Did the surround and shelving units myself :)

FTS_040118.jpg

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm looking at aluminum options and steel options for the new stand. Can anybody recommend a solid shop in NY or NJ so that I can get a quote?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found a supplier that I’m working with for my 350 build.

Framingtech.com

Mention Tristian’s Reef sent you for a great discount.

Looked at their prices online and they seem rather high. Are you saying that if I call they price might be different?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found a supplier that I’m working with for my 350 build.

Framingtech.com

Mention Tristian’s Reef sent you for a great discount.

OK, Just called, spoke to Chris, mentioned you; gave him my dimensions.

He'll send me samples to pick from and we'll take it form there; Hope the price is not scary.

paul gerrard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you consider using scaffolding like Aarons Aquariums on youtube? cheap, super strong and galvanised (although probably still needs painting for long term protection from salt)

Last edited:

Asonitez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your version of scary.

A stand from marineland will cost you as much as the tank and be short, with vertical braces in crap spots and made of particle board.

A wooden stand you make is subject to materials cost, your time and labor, and the fact that depending on your tank manufacturer void your warranty if you don't use their stand. If you don't use the right materials, wood, screws and seal it will over time it will weaken.

A steel stand is subject to material cost, a welder that is familiar with, or has possible done a stand before. You will still have to wrap the steel stand and pay some one to powder coat it. Thats more material cost and the expert labor of a skilled welder and tradesman. Theres a reason welders make decent money if they are good at their craft.

On the other hand the aluminum stand you can build yourself using the pre-cut pieces that they send you. You can choose to wrap it. Or not. It looks good both ways. Heck you might even choose to velcro a black cloth around the base of the stand and make it really easy to work on. Or you might choose to use some cheap plywood cut to size painted and again velcroed to the stand. It will outlast your tank. Not only that if you choose to upgrade in the future you can send the measurements back to framing tech and have them re-cut you additional pieces of aluminum in order to use pretty much the same fasteners as before to build your new tank. Something you can't do with wood or steel.

Here's a video I did of my stand for my frag tank

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My build thread has a diagram of my new stand for my 350 Gallon

Either way good luck with your search!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back