Meteor shower cyphastrea has started branching ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter masssnapz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

masssnapz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
315
Reaction score
169
Location
Pepperell
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this as a frag 3 years ago as a blue meteor shower cyphastrea. Within days it bleached so I moved it to a nice shady area and let it be for almost 3 years. During that time it encrusted the whole rock and took on a deep red color. Just last month I started to move it up into the light slowly and it started to turn greenish/blue. But now it's branching out I think. Do they do this ?
20170614_222444.jpg
 
Weird. No, the meteor shower cyphastrea encrusts mostly. At least for me, the only time it "branches" is when it encrusts over a tube worm haha

Your "branches" just look like small patches of odd growth maybe? Either way, I don't think it'll grow out from there much
 
Weird. No, the meteor shower cyphastrea encrusts mostly. At least for me, the only time it "branches" is when it encrusts over a tube worm haha

Your "branches" just look like small patches of odd growth maybe? Either way, I don't think it'll grow out from there much
Nah its the next big thing. "Meteor bounce cyphastrea"
 
literally about to type that. Eric B's book 'corals' has pics of a tumor on a brain coral. highly interesting there above. I don't think it w harm anything, and being genetic not infect anything else, I always wondered if they can get 'skin cancer' from mutations and interactions with UV like humans do etc
 
There is a branching variety
 
It might just be reaching out for the sun. When mine encrust they will leave large pockets open under them
 
It's happened to mine before too. It's just the flesh bubbling. I haven't figured out why. I also have branching and it is nothing like that.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new