MH ballast wire too long?

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be simply a radium / ballast compatibility issue or defective bulb.
Over the years I have run MH bulbs with a variety of magnetic and digital ballasts. In fact I previously used luxcore and a galaxy ballast set to 250w ( not HQI) to successfully run Radiums for a few years. Now I picked up some hydroponic brand digital ballasts 250w that are supposed to run MH/ HPS and HQI without a selector knob. I have on hand 2 new Radiums and 3 new XM 10k bulbs. In any of the two ballast/ bulb combinations all bulbs fire except one radium. It makes a pink flash at the base, then nothing? Logic says this bulb is defective, but I can't help but wonder if it's missing a bit of power to fire. I have read possibly by shortening the ballast to mogul wire this can help get a finiky bulb to light. But I don't want to cut up the wires for nothing either. Any experiences ?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
are they all on the same timer or controled outlet. I had an issue with a controlled outlet from my GHL controler that could not do two hallides. So when I seperated the light to a different timer it worked. If the light dont get enough juice at the initial turn on then it wont fire up

Back