OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well i spent a few hours last night changing my circuit to 3 gfci outlets ran in parallel after the MH popped the gfci again! Now they all operate independently of each other. Honestly, this is how a dedicated reef circuit should be anyways, having the entire system on one gfci was not smart. Thats what i get for being cheap! Anyways, i test fired the MH a few times on its own gfci and it seems to be working. Only time will tell, but atleast if it does my entire tank doesn't shut off and i dont need to run extension cords all over my basement to put things on different circuits. I did invest in this dedicated fish tank circuit for a reason! I guess if it keeps having issues ill just swap out one of the gfci outlets for a standard one. Fingers crossed because i dont want to do that!

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never ran any of my fixtures on GFCI outlets. They are all normal outlets from the 70s here. Humidity has been a pain when I had one of my planted tanks located out of the house, but the dielectric grease on the plugs took care of that. Maybe you should try some dielectric grease just to get that possibility out of the book. I get lot's of power outages per year too with these old outlets and they are still handling everything great.

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never ran any of my fixtures on GFCI outlets. They are all normal outlets from the 70s here. Humidity has been a pain when I had one of my planted tanks located out of the house, but the dielectric grease on the plugs took care of that. Maybe you should try some dielectric grease just to get that possibility out of the book. I get lot's of power outages per year too with these old outlets and they are still handling everything great.
Im a bit of paranoid freak when it comes to electrical lol. I really try to put any of this saltwater stuff on gfci. So far so good with the way i have it now. I dont think im going to have anymore issues!

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think its safe to say i fixed this with your guys help! It hasnt tripped once since i moved it over to its own gfci recepticle. Good stuff!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back